One Pot Shrimp Boil with Southern Creole Sauce
This Low Country classic is made in just one pot for easy clean up.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 ounces Andouille sausage, cooked and sliced
1 lb red potatoes, largely diced
2 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut in half
3 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
1 onion, quartered
1 lemon, halved
1/2 cup creole seasoning
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
salt & black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons S&F Southern Creole Sauce
- Add 4 quarts of water to a large pot. Squeeze the lemons over the water to add the juice and then add the juiced lemons themselves. Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf and creole seasoning.
- Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add the potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes, until just tender. Add the corn and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sausage, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is just pink and opaque.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf and lemons. Remove contents of the pot to a large bowl/platter. Toss with butter, 1/4 cup of the broth from the pot, lemon wedges, and your favorite hot sauce!
- Garnish each plate with one tablespoon of S&F Southern Creole Sauce.