Crispy Air Fried Tofu Lettuce Cups
Crunchy tofu, crisp lettuce, and sweet-heat Mango sauce are an addictively delicious combination. These Tofu Lettuce cups are quick and easy meal that your entire family will enjoy.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
16oz block extra-firm tofu
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp vegetable oil like canola or olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced.
6oz S&F Caribbean Mango Chef Sauce
1 large head Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves, cleaned
½ cup Cucumber, thinly sliced
Fresh cilantro sprigs
2 each 9×13 Pyrex dishes or similar sized baking sheet trays or a tofu press
A random heavy pan or skillet to be used as a weight.
- Pressing the Tofu. Pressing removes some of the moisture and delivers crispier texture.
- At room temperature. Use a tofu press if you have one or place the tofu in one of the dishes or baking trays, now place the other dishes or baking tray on top of the tofu (to make a sandwich of sorts), now place the heavy pan/skillet on top. Allow the tofu to press for 10-15 minutes.
- Pro Tip: Adding weight will allow the moisture drain quickly and equally.
- While tofu is pressing. Combine the soy, sesame vegetable oil and garlic in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- When the tofu completes pressing, remove the tofu and cut into even size squares (about 1”x1”). Transfer to the mixing bowl and toss to coat. Let tofu marinate for an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F.
- Add tofu pieces to your air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to promote even cooking.
- To assemble, start with a leaf of lettuce. Next add a few pieces or tofu, sliced cucumber and drizzle on S&F Caribbean Mango Chef Sauce, garnish with cilantro sprigs.