Classic Shrimp Cocktail
This classic shrimp cocktail recipe couldn’t be easier to make, with succulent shrimp gently prepared for dipping in our Signature Cocktail Sauce.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 chilled martini glasses
- 3/4 cup S&F Signature Cocktail Sauce
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 4 lemon wedges
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and salt. Cook for 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Drain shrimp and place hot shrimp into a large bowl of ice water. The shrimp should stay in the ice water until chilled, about 5 minutes. At this point the shrimp can be drained well and refrigerated until needed or the shrimp cocktail can be assembled.
- Place 3/4 cup lettuce in one side of the glass and spoon 3 Tbsp. cocktail sauce on the other side. Line 5 shrimp each around the rims of the glasses.
- Cut a slit in each lemon wedge then use the slit to attach 1 lemon to each glass.
- Chill prepared shrimp cocktail until needed or serve immediately.