Chicken and Spinach Ziti
This hearty pasta is easy enough for weeknight cooking and fancy enough for company.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 lb. box ziti pasta
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 (12 oz.) jar S&F Marsala Cooking Sauce
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 (5 oz.) package baby spinach
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Put a large pot of salted water onto the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil. Add the ziti and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until al dente, drain the ziti and return it to the pot.
- While waiting on the ziti, add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken, red pepper, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until the chicken is just about cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the S&F Marsala Cooking Sauce and heavy cream. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach a few handfuls at a time until all of the spinach is wilted into the sauce and turn off the heat.
- Add all but 2 Tbsp. of the Parmesan and stir well. Pour the chicken mixture over the ziti in the pot. Toss well to combine.
- Transfer the ziti to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining Parmesan and parsley.