Zucchini Corn Cakes
Featuring: S&F Chipotle Corn & Chili Salsa
These light and fluffy fritters make an excellent vegetarian entrée. They can also be used as a starter or a side dish. Serve with S&F Chipotle Corn Chili Salsa and sour cream.
Serves 6, 3 pancakes each
Active Time: 46 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes
- 1 lb. zucchini (2 small)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (13 oz.) jar S&F Chipotle Corn & Chili Salsa, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Grate the zucchini and toss it with kosher salt. Place it in a colander over a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and ground black pepper.
- Add 1 cup S&F Chipotle Corn Chili Salsa, eggs, yogurt, butter and dried onion to a separate bowl. Stir well to combine. Use paper towels to press the excess water out of the zucchini. Add the zucchini to the salsa mixture and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot drop 1/4 cup batter per zucchini corn cake. You will have to cook the cakes in batches adding more oil as needed.
- Cook zucchini corn cakes for about 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked cakes to an oven-safe plate and cover with foil. Keep the cakes in the oven until all of the batter is used up.