Sweet Chili Shrimp Rice Bowls
Heap flavorful sweet chili shrimp over a bowl of rice for a hearty anytime meal. You can also mix together with rice ahead of time and serve family style.
Active Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
2 2/3 cups water
1 1/2 cups Thai jasmine rice
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper, more to taste
1 lb. extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
2 celery stalks, sliced on the diagonal
1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin 2 – inch strips
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 cup S&F Sweet Chili Sauce
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil in a lidded pot over high heat. Add the rice and stir well. When the water begins to boil again, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 -12 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the shrimp. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat with the seasonings. Add the celery, bell pepper, and red onion. Cook and stir until the vegetables are crisp tender and the shrimp are turning pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (pineapple through cilantro). Cook and stir until evenly blended and heated through, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the rice between shallow bowls. Top with an equal amount of shrimp and vegetables.