Spinach, Feta Quinoa Cakes with Lemon Dill Sauce
These light and crispy cakes are inspired by the simple flavors of Greek cuisine, they are tasty hot or cold to fill you up right.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, fine diced
2 garlic clove, minced
5 oz baby spinach, small cut, roughly diced
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups quinoa, cooked
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 tsp lemon zest, grated
1/4 tsp dice, small diced
1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
½ cup of S&F Lemon Dill Sauce
Large mixing bowl
Small mixing bowl
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring often and cook until soft about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, stirring often, cook until wilted about 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the mixing bowl to cool and reserve.
- Add the eggs, quinoa, feta, dill, lemon zest, and black pepper in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Next add the bread crumbs and mix well. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes so the bread crumbs absorb some of the moisture. Next, add the onion and spinach mixture, incorporate the ingredients to form a batter.
- Wipe out large sauté pan, and add 1 tbp olive oil. Heat over medium high.
- Form quinoa patties about 2 1/2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick. Gently place the patties in skillet and cook until they’re browned on the outside, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, flip and repeat cook process.
- Pro Tip – do not over crowd the sauté pan with too many patties, cook the patties in several batches.
- When complete cooking the patties, serve warm topped with S&F Lemon Dill Sauce and some of the side for dipping.