Slow Cooked Golden Chicken Thighs
Low and slow cooking will deliver big and bold taste. These golden, fall off the bone, chicken thighs are loaded with sweet and tangy flavors.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
6 chicken thighs
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup no or low sodium chicken stock
1 cup S&F Carolina Gold
Optional: serve with cooked white rice or grits (we recommend to serve with cheese and green onion grits!)
Large sauté pan or cast iron skillet
Electric slow cooker
- Trim excess skin around each chicken thigh and discard, then season thighs liberally with salt and pepper.
- In the sauté pan or skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Place chicken thighs skin side down to sear. When skin is golden brown, flip thighs and sear the flesh side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the thighs to the slow cooker, add the chicken stock and S&F Carolina Gold sauce.
- Pro Tip – add fat and bits from the sauté pan or skillet to the slow cooker to add more flavor.
- Cover and slow cook on high for 1 hour.
- Enjoy. Optional: serve thighs with rice or grits as desired.