Scallops With Mango Pineapple Pan Sauce
Serve these seared scallops warm with a spicy mango and pineapple pan sauce over rice and a steamed green vegetable.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 lbs. dry sea scallops
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup S&F Mango Pineapple Salsa
2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Add the butter and oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When very hot and frothy, add the scallops. Season the scallops with the ground black pepper. Cook the scallops until they are very golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the scallops and cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate and vent with foil.
- Turn heat to high. Add the wine to the pan and scrape up any browned bits from the scallops. Once simmering, add the cream. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 1 minute.
- Add the S&F Mango Pineapple Salsa and stir well to combine. Once the pan sauce simmers, turn off the heat. Add the scallops back to the pan and gently toss until coated with the pan sauce.
- Garnish the scallops with a bit of fresh chives.