Potatoes with Chorizo (Papas con Chorizo)
“Papas con Chorizo” is an easy to make classic Mexican dish bursting with vibrant flavors and layered with interesting textures that you and your family will love.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 ½ lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and medium diced
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Mexican Chorizo, crumbled
1/2 cup Spanish Onion, medium dice
2 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
1 Jalapeño pepper, fine dice
1-2 Scallion, thinly dices on diagonal
2 Tbsp Cilantro, medium dice
Salt & Pepper
6 ounces S&F Carne Asada Marinade
1/4 cup Queso Fresco
Large Sauce Pan/Pot
- Bring a large pan/pot of water of lightly salted water to boil. Separately, line a baking sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Removed from water with a slotted spoon and transfer to the baking sheet tray to cool.
- Heat the butter and oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring frequently until lightly rendered and browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook. Stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cooked stirring frequently, until lightly crispy, about 6 minutes. Turn heat off. Add the scallions, cilantro and fold in
- Plate – on a service plate or bowl, add a bed of S&F Carne Asada Marinade and on top add the potato and chorizo mixture, garnish on top with the cheese.