Mediterranean Style Lentil Salad
This hearty and nutritious salad is loaded with earthy flavored lentils and crisp vegetables to fuel your body, enjoy this tasty salad on the go or during your next sit down meal.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 ½ cup green lentils rinsed
1ea red onion, small diced (cut lentil sized)
½ cup pitted, Kalamata or black cured olive, small diced (cut lentil sized)
2 Persian cucumbers, small diced (cut lentil sized)
2 Roma tomatoes, small diced (cut lentil sized)
½ cup of S&F Lemon Dill Sauce
½ cup parsley, small dice, rough cut
½ cup dill, small dice, rough cut
Flat sided pot
- Place the lentils in a flat sided pot and cover with 3 times the water. Add 1 tsp salt and place the pot over medium heat and bring it to a medium rolling boil. Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes until the lentils are completely cooked
- Pro Tip – the lentils are cooked when they’re easy to chew.
- Once the lentils are cooked, drain and discard the excess water and let the lentils cool completely.
- Pro Tip – do not rinse with water as this will remove flavor. Allow to cool naturally.
- In a large bowl mix cooled lentils with red onion, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and dill.
- Add the S&F Lemon Dill Sauce to the salad and coat liberally.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to 1 hour to develop flavor.