Honey Hot Wings
Honey hot wings might be a game day favorite, but this sweet and spicy chicken appetizer is so good you won’t want to save them just for parties.
Active Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup S&F Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the flour, garlic powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Working a few wings at a time, coat each wing with the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Place the coated wings in a single layer onto the baking sheets.
- Bake the wings for 55-60 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While the wings bake, prepare the sauce: Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the S & F Hot Chili Sauce, honey, lemon juice, orange juice and salt. Stir until evenly blended and bring to a gentle simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Turn the wings over and brush them with the sauce. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. There will be leftover sauce.
- Put the wings into a serving bowl or onto a platter, drizzle the remaining sauce over the wings and serve immediately.