Grilled Steak and Pasta Salad
Gemelli and flank steak soak up the flavor of our Signature Steakhouse Marinade in this delicious pasta dish.
Active Time: 23 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1/3 cup S&F Steakhouse Marinade, divided
- 1/2 lb. gemelli pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 oz. grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. ciliegine “cherry size” mozzarella balls, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- basil sprigs (optional)
- Place the steak into a non-reactive bowl or into a food storage bag. Add 1/4 cup S & F Steakhouse Marinade. Stir until coated with the sauce and set aside. Preheat the grill.
- Prepare the gemelli according to package instructions. Drain and run under cold water until cooled.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with the olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olives and the remaining Tbsp. Steakhouse Marinade. Transfer the pasta salad to a serving dish.
- Place the steak onto the grill and cook until well-marked, about 7 minutes. Turn and continue to cook to desired doneness, 5 – 6 minutes for medium. Transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steak in thin slices, against the grain.
- Place the sliced steak onto the pasta salad and garnish with fresh basil if desired.