Glazed Salmon, Soba Noodles & Boy Choy
This dish is packed with the flavors of ginger and garlic, soy sauce and cane sugar. Add in a few pantry friendly ingredients to create an easy to make, restaurant quality meal the entire family will love.
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 cup S&F Garlic Teriyaki Sauce divided in 2 portions.
4 6-oz. pieces center-cut boneless, skinless salmon
1 lb. buckwheat soba noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
8 oz. baby bok choy, trimmed and sliced into halves.
½ cup shelled edamame, thawed.
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
Shallow oven-proof dish
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Next, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, the same pot of water will be used for cooking both bok choy and soba noodles. Also, have a large bowl of ice water ready for blanching.
- Brush a large, shallow oven-proof dish with canola oil and place the salmon in it. Spoon on portion of the S&F Garlic Teriyaki Sauce over the top of the salmon and reserve, let the salmon marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- When the pot of water reaches a boil, blanch the bok choy until it is crisp and tender (about 2 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the bowl of ice water. This is important because it will stop the bok choy from cooking further. Once cool, transfer the bok choy to a medium bowl and set aside for later. Do not discard the ice water, use in next step.
- Add the soba noodles or pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions until it is al dente. Then, transfer the pasta to the bowl with the ice water to stop the cooking. Once it is cool, drain the water from the noodles and transfer them to another bowl, add the boy choy and edamame. Coat and toss noodles with 2nd portion of the S&F Garlic Teriyaki Sauce. Reserve until step 7
- Place the salmon in the oven and bake it until a digital thermometer inserted in the center reads between 135F and 140F. This will ensure that it is a perfect medium rare. Cooking should take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Plate your meal. Add the seasoned noodles on the bottom of a bowl or deep dish, next and add a piece on salmon on top of noodles, and flank either side of the salmon with a few bok choy and edamame. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on top to garnish and add taste.