Corn Fritters with Smothered Cajun Dipping Sauce
Crispy, crunchy, and fluffy. These sweet bites are studded with corn and gently fried. Top or dip in creamy Smothered Cajun sauce for a bold spicy flavor.
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
2 cups of sweet corn kernels
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Oil for frying (such as canola or peanut)
S&F Smothered Cajun Sauce, as desired
- In a large glass bowl, mix all ingredients together until bound, reserve. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a generous layer of oil (about 1/4-inch deep) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 F to 375 F. If you don’t have a deep-fry thermometer, drop a bit of batter into the pan—it should sizzle immediately.
- Carefully place about a tablespoon of the batter into the pan and flatten a bit with the back of the spoon. You should be able to fit about 4 fritters in a large frying pan at a time. Cook until the fritters are golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until they are brown on the other side, about 4 more minutes.
- Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate or a cooling rack set over a baking sheet to drain, and repeat making more fritters with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with a generous serving of S&F Smothered Cajun Sauce for dipping