Classic Corn Casserole
This recipe is inspired by very traditional, southern corn casserole. We love it as a side on the holiday table and as well a vegetarian main course for non-meat eating guests.
Active Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 18 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (13 oz.) jar S&F Chipotle Corn & Chili Salsa, divided
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup S&F Chipotle Corn Salsa, creamed corn, sour cream, corn, egg and butter until evenly blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just blended. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to smooth the casserole into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes until the casserole is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the casserole to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish the slices with the remaining S&F Chipotle Corn Salsa. This casserole is perfect for the Thanksgiving table and for neighborhood cookouts.