Chicken and Sausage Cacciatore
Chicken pieces soak up our Signature Cacciatore Simmer Sauce for an easy version of this Italian mainstay. Serve with pasta for a hearty meal.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry wine, chicken broth or water
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle S&F Cacciatore Simmer Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add sausage. Cook and stir until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken, continue to cook and stir until the chicken is just about cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the cooking liquid (wine, broth or water) and stir well scraping up all the browned bits.
- Add S&F Cacciatore Simmer Sauce to the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The sauce will thicken slightly.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan. Serve over pasta, potatoes or rice.