Cast Iron Skillet Huevos Rancheros
Elevate your Huevos Rancheros or “Ranchers eggs” to a new level in this one pan meal. Enjoy soft set eggs in a piquant sauce that layered on a bed of crispy tortillas, beans, nestled with a gooey bed of melted cheese.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 cup vegetable oil
5 corn tortillas cut 4 of them in half.
14 oz black beans, 1 can
1 cup Mexican blend cheese like Monterrey jack
1 ½ cups Pico de Gallo or your favorite tomato based salsa
½ cup S&F Carne Asada Marinade
fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste.
Cojita cheese, to taste
1 cup cream Mexicana, or sour cream
10-12”cast Iron skillet or any similar sized over proof skillet with a high side
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Heat the skillet over medium heat for a few minutes to get hot, add vegetable oil, lightly fry your tortillas, once fried remove and reserve for next step. Turn off heat, remove oil from skillet.
- Pro Tip: use the same skillet as the one you fried your tortillas so there is less clean-up, simply wipe out with a paper towel to remove any bits and continue cooking.
- In the skillet and off the heat, arrange the lightly fried tortillas so they cover the bottom of the pan (round tortilla in the middle and fill in the perimeter with the halves) and then add the black beans spread out evenly over tortillas. Next, sprinkle Mexican blend cheese over the black beans and then add Pico de Gallo on top of the cheese.
- Using the back of a large spoon, create 6 wells/depressions in the Pico de Gallo for the eggs to rest in. Now, crack and add one whole egg into each wells/depressions.
- Pour S&F Carne Asada Marinade over everything!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check on it often to make sure your yolks don’t overcook.
- Top with your favorite toppings.