BBQ Steak, Onion, and Avocado Toastadas
With tender flank steak, crisp corn tortillas, and creamy avocado, this recipe hits all the right notes. Serve with rice and beans for a complete meal.
Active Time: 42 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
1 lb. flank steak
2 ripe avocados
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/3 cup S&F Texas BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the grill. Rub the oil and seasoning all over the steak. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in the lime juice. Set aside.
- Spray both sides of the onion slices with cooking spray. Set the slices onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- While the onions grill, prepare the tortillas: spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place them onto the grill. Cook for 1 minute per side and transfer to a plate.
- Place the steak onto the grill and cook until well-marked, about 7 minutes. Turn and continue to cook to desired doneness, 5 – 6 minutes for medium. Transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steak into thin slices, against the grain.
- To assemble, divide the avocado between the tortillas. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of steak and onion. Drizzle S&F Texas BBQ Sauce over each tortilla. Finish each tortilla with cheese and cilantro.