Baked Cod with Wilted Spinach
A light affair that will leave your tastebuds in aww with this herb crusted seafood dish.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 lb Cod Fillets
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp minced garlic
1 T freshly chopped parsley
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
¼ cup seasoned panko crumbs
10 oz bagged, cleaned spinach (Baby or regular)
2 Tbsp Shallots, diced fine
1 Tbsp butter, whole unsalted
½ cup S&F Garlic & Herb Chef Sauce
2 ea – Small mixing bowls
Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend to a paste the sour cream, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the cod fillets. Place fillets on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix the melted butter and panko together well, then evenly press on the tops of cod fillets.
- Bake 425 for 10-12 minutes until done and panko is slightly golden.
- While Cod is baking, prepare the wilted spinach.
- Heat skillet on medium-high, add the butter until melted and butter begins to make a “sizzle” sound.
- Add the shallots, move frequently in pan until translucent. Add the spinach, move frequently in the pan and cook until wilted. About 3 minutes, reserve.
- Plate your meal either individually or family style. Follow the same sequence to plate.
- To the plate, add the S&F Garlic & Herb Chef Sauce
- Next, add the bed of wilted spinach.
- Lastly, nest the cod on top of the spinach