Bacon and Blue Cheese Pizza
When we think of pizza, we like to think outside of the box. It is not that we don’t love a classic cheese or pepperoni but sometimes your pizza pie just needs an upgrade. S&F condiments make excellent non-traditional pizza sauces. For this bacon and blue cheese pie we spread Balsamic Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam onto a prepared crust, topped it with smokey bacon and creamy blue cheese.
Tips for making gourmet pizza at home – A very hot oven is essential. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees minimum. This will ensure a crispy crust and a golden top. Pre-baked pizza crusts, flat breads and/or naan breads all make for excellent pizza bases. If you are going to use fresh dough, be sure to bring it to room temperature before you try to stretch it into a pizza crust. Do not add too many toppings to your pizza unless you plan to eat it with a knife and fork.
- 1 (11-inch) pre-made pizza crust, like Boboli
- 1/3 cup S&F Balsamic, Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2/3 cup pre-cooked bacon pieces (or real bacon bits)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the pizza crust onto a baking sheet. Spread the S&F Balsamic, Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam over the pizza crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella, bacon, blue cheese and scallions over the pizza crust.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until golden. Allow the pizza to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.