Waiting for Spring with Crab and Avocado Sliders
When the calendar finally turns to March, we can not stop thinking that Spring is just around the corner. We are ready to put all the winter gear away and ready for some lighter, brighter fare on the table. Today is National Crab Day so we thought some tasty crab salad sandwiches might be just perfect.
Schlotterbeck & Foss produces a whole line of seafood condiments ranging from classic Cocktail Sauce to zesty Horseradish Aioli. In this recipe, we use S&F Crab Cake Sauce to season the crab salad that is sandwiched between mini croissant halves with creamy Havarti cheese and ripe avocado slices. It certainly tastes like Spring, maybe we will see daffodils soon?
- 3/4 lb. fresh crab meat
- 3 Tbsp. S&F Crab Cake Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 12 mini croissants
- 4 slices Havarti cheese or Lorraine Swiss cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, cored, halved and sliced
- Mix the crab meat, S&F Crab Cake Sauce, mayonnaise and salt together in a bowl. Slice the croissants in order to make sliders.
- Line up the bottom halves of croissants assembly line style on the counter. Layer a tomato slice, a small slice of cheese, 2 Tbsp. crab meat and an avocado slice on each croissant. Transfer the sliders to a serving platter.