Everyone’s Party Favorite: Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs
When a slow cooker full of meatballs arrives at a party, people tend to gather around. The secret to a great slow cooker meatball recipe is the sauce. You can use homemade meatballs or store-bought, the meatballs can be all-beef, turkey or even vegetarian. For these BBQ meatballs, we have mixed sweet peach preserves with tangy S&F Pulled Pork Cooking Sauce. If peach isn’t your favorite, they can also be made with orange marmalade.
Slow cooker meatballs definitely fall into the EZPZ category of party foods. We recommend you thaw the meatballs overnight in the fridge before you plan to cook them. If you forget this step, there is no need to worry. Simply thaw the meatballs in your microwave before adding them to the slow cooker.
- 1 (18 oz.) jar orange marmalade or peach preserves
- 1 (12 oz.) jar S&F Pulled Pork Cooking Sauce
- 1 (48 oz.) bag frozen mini pre-cooked meatballs, thawed overnight
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions (optional)
- Add the marmalade and the S&F Pulled Pork Cooking Sauce to the slow cooker crock. Turn the slow cooker on high. Once the marmalade has mostly melted whisk the sauce and marmalade together until smooth. Add the meatballs and stir until they are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours. Stir well before serving. Garnish with scallions, if desired.