Build a Better Burger
With July 4th only a few days away, many of you will be planning your annual cookout to celebrate America’s independence. We love burgers so much that we created a product that will elevate your burgers from good to amazing in just a few stirs.
Bold and Smoky BBQ Burger with Coleslaw and Pickles
- Mix 1/4 cup S&F Bold and Smoky BBQ Meat Mix-In with 1 lb. of your favorite ground meat.
- Make three even-sized patties. Top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Serve on a toasted bun with coleslaw, pickles and a bit more BBQ sauce.
Sriracha Burger with Avocado and Bacon
- Mix 1/4 cup S&F Sriracha Meat Mix-In with 1 lb. of your favorite ground meat.
- Make three even-sized patties. Top each patty with thin slices of red onion and crispy cooked bacon.
- Serve on a toasted sesame bun with mashed avocado and lettuce.
Balsamic Bacon and Onion Burger with Blue Cheese and Fried Onions
- Mix 1/4 cup S&F Balsamic Bacon and Onion Meat Mix-In with 1 lb. of your favorite ground meat.
- Make three even-sized patties.
- Serve on a toasted pretzel roll with blue cheese crumbles, tomato and fried onions.
Burger Grilling Tips
- Make sure the grill is very hot before grilling.
- Clean the grill with a grill brush.
- Grease the grill.
- Make sure the burgers have even thickness.
- If possible, only flip the burgers once or twice, let them get good grill marks before flipping.
- Ground turkey and chicken can be harder to grill because of the lower fat content, consider smaller burgers or sliders.
- Cook ground turkey, chicken and pork all the way through (165°F.)
- Cook ground beef to at least medium doneness (155ºF)
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Add cheese at the very end of cooking.
- If possible, let the burgers rest on a platter for a minute or two before placing onto buns.
- If you have guests avoiding carbs or gluten, offer Boston bibb lettuce in place of rolls.
Lettuce, tomato, sliced onions
Pickles and/or pickled onions
Roasted red peppers
Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise
Potato chips, Fritos or Doritos
Pesto or olive tapenade
Happy 4th of July!