Back to School Dinners: Mini BBQ Meatloaves
Back to school means back to school routines which often requires a little planning for the dinnertime hour. This recipe can be prepped ahead of time and because the meatloaves are baked in a muffin tin, it takes much less time than a whole meatloaf. For a complete meal, add mashed potatoes (store-bought or homemade) and steamed vegetables.
Our cooking sauces and chef’s sauces were created to make life easier for the home cook. At S&F, we use real ingredients to create sauces that take the effort out of cooking. If you are still grilling, S&F Sweet Bay BBQ can be brushed on grilled shrimp or chicken and pepper kebabs.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb. lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup S&F Pot Roast Cooking Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup S & F Sweet Bay BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Mix the first 12 ingredients (beef through paprika) together in a mixing bowl until evenly combined.
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide the meat into 12-equal portions. Roll each portion into a large meatball and gently press them into the muffin tin.
- Spoon 2 tsp. BBQ sauce over each mini meatloaf.
- Bake for 25 – 27 minutes until just cooked through.
- Allow the meatloaves to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a serving platter.